DEBFIND Suche nach Debian-Paketen
Suchplatform für Softwarepakete und Archive Debian-basierter Linux-Distributionen
beta ! Diese website wird noch weiterentwickelt.
Liste aller Kategorien/Sektionen | Suchmaske | Haftungsausschluß
|Beschreibung||Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Server)|
|Archiv/Repository||Offizielles Ubuntu Archiv lucid (universe)|
|Installierte Größe||1332 Byte|
|Hängt ab von||libc6 (>= 2.7), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0), libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3), libreadline6, amanda-comm|
|Paketbetreuer||Ubuntu Developers |
|Link zum Herunterladen||amanda-server_2.6.1p1-2_i386.deb|
|Ausführliche Beschreibung||Amanda is a backup system designed to archive many computers on a
network to a single large-capacity tape drive. This package is
suitable for large amounts of data to backup. For smaller solutions
take a look at afbackup, tob, ...
* will back up multiple machines in parallel to a holding disk, blasting
finished dumps one by one to tape as fast as we can write files to
tape. For example, a ~2 Gb 8mm tape on a ~240K/s interface to a host
with a large holding disk can be filled by Amanda in under 4 hours.
* built on top of standard backup software: Unix dump/restore, and
later GNU Tar and others.
* does simple tape management: will not overwrite the wrong tape.
* supports tape changers via a generic interface. Easily customizable
to any type of tape carousel, robot, or stacker that can be controlled
via the unix command line.
* for a restore, tells you what tapes you need, and finds the proper
backup image on the tape for you.
* recovers gracefully from errors, including down or hung machines.
* reports results, including all errors in detail, in email to operators.
* will dynamically adjust backup schedule to keep within constraints:
no more juggling by hand when adding disks and computers to network.
* includes a pre-run checker program, that conducts sanity checks on both
the tape server host and all the client hosts (in parallel), and will
send an e-mail report of any problems that could cause the backups to
* can compress dumps before sending or after sending over the net, with
either compress or gzip.
* can optionally synchronize with external backups, for those large
timesharing computers where you want to do full dumps when the system
is down in single-user mode (since BSD dump is not reliable on active
filesystems): Amanda will still do your daily dumps.
* lots of other options; Amanda is very configurable.
For important notes, see /usr/share/doc/amanda-server/README.Debian.
Explanation of suggested programs:
- perl is needed for some non essential server utilities
- gnuplot is needed for plotting statistics of backups
- to backup the tape server, you need to install the client too
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds